Thursday, July 3, 2008

Chapter 13 - Conflict Styles

Chapter 13 discusses the ways to deal with conflict. There are five conflicting styles.
1.) Competing - both compete to prove right
2.) Accomodating - cooperatative and unassertive
3.) Collaborating - concern for both parties and be assertive and cooperative
4.) Avoiding/Withdrawing--Withdraw from argument
5.) Compromising - assertive and cooperation
I have a competing personality when it comes to an argument. I am always trying to prove my way is the right way. I have a friend who I argue with alot and we both have a competing personality in the attempt to prove we are right and the other side is wrong. Essentially we both get upset and go to bed mad and maybe the next day well talk. I sometimes wish I had another conflict style, because having the personality I have, I butt heads with people often and creates alot of drama.

No comments: